The International Coach Federation (ICF) seeks to advance the art, science and practice of professional coaching.
In today’s fast-paced world, growing numbers of businesses, organizations and individuals are turning to professional coaching to increase their effectiveness, build relationships and reach their goals.
ICF is the support network for these professional coaches. Whether it’s Life Coaching, Executive Coaching, Leadership Coaching or any other skilled coaching, ICF leads the global community in advancing the profession. ICF helps serve the flourishing of humanity by using coaching’s creative and thought-provoking process to maximize professional and personal potential.
Through a worldwide network of professional coaches, ICF builds, supports and preserves this growing field, providing connections near and far.
ICF builds the profession’s visibility with partnerships, global strategic alliances, public relations, marketing items, and tools such as the Coach Referral Service (CRS), a free service that can help potential clients locate ICF Members who hold an ICF Credential.
ICF supports members through continual professional development and growth opportunities, both locally and internationally, including conferences, annual research reports and networking programs. The organization also partners with resource providers to benefit members and use ICF’s strength in numbers. ICF offers additional support through its website, databases and publications.
ICF preserves the integrity of coaching through internationally accepted professional standards. Today, ICF is specifically recognized among coaching professionals worldwide for:
- Developing coaching core competencies
- Establishing a professional code of ethics and standards
- Creating an internationally recognized credentialing program
- Setting guidelines through accreditation for coach-specific training programs
- Providing focused discussion through Communities of Practice (CPs)
Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching.
ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
We fulfill this with our strategic goals.
We are committed to reliability, openness, acceptance and congruence and consider all parts of the ICF community mutually accountable to uphold the following values:
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards both for the coaching profession and our organization.
- Excellence: We set and demonstrate standards of excellence for professional coaching quality, qualification and competence
- Collaboration: We value the social connection and community building that occurs through collaborative partnership and co-created achievement.
- Respect: We are inclusive and value the diversity and richness of our global stakeholders. We put people first, without compromising standards, policies and quality.